Monday, July 21, 2008

Keep On Treking







Jim, Emily, Whitney and I participated in our stake youth trek this past week along with 110 other youth and adults from our stake. We pushed handcarts for 20 miles over three days and slept under the stars. I really gained more of an appreciation of the things the pioneers had to go through. The road was a four wheeler trial so we did see a few "civilized" people along the way. A group of ATV riders saw us and wondered what all these Pilgrims were doing. Emily said that people were probably wondering what the polygamists were doing on vacation. We were all sore when we got home and glad to take a shower but I think it was a great experience we will never forget.

3 comments:

Cobbley Family said...

oh, so it was the trek not camp that you were at...ok. Will keep thinking.

Anderson said...

I'll bet it was quite the experience! One of these days I will get to go.

Gini Calton said...

Reminds me of a few years back, Jim. Oh, who am I kidding? It was nearly 20 years ago. I think I have a picture of Jim on his first "trek" experience, wearing similar attire, but his family was just a twinkle in his eye.